It may be getting colder outside, but here are five ways to keep your home cozy without the discomfort of high energy bills.
• Change your furnace filter regularly to help your system run more
efficiently all season long, saving you money and keeping your indoor
• Program your thermostat to automatically reduce the temperature of
your home when it's empty or everyone's asleep. A smart thermostat
will set a schedule for you.
• Inspect windows, doors and walls for air leaks and seal any you find.
Letting in cold air makes it harder to keep your home warm.
• Switch ceiling fans to winter mode to push air up to the ceiling, forcing
the warm air back down to the floor, where it keeps you warmer.
• Upgrade to ENERGY STAR® if your heating system is 15 years old or
Don't let winter get the best of your energy bills. Use these tips to stay comfortable and save.
5 Ways to Save While Staying Warm